Wednesday, November 5, 2008

NFL Midseason Predictions (AFC)

Nowadays everyone makes predictions on the NFL so I figured I might as well too. It usually makes for good discussion. I will pick a winner for each division and each conference's wild card with their projected record. I'll wait until right before the playoffs start to try and guess the Super Bowl matchup. I'll do the AFC today and the NFC tomorrow.

AFC East: Patriots (10-6) after the tiebreakers. I think both the Jets and Bill could finish 10-6 as well but the Patriots would finish on top because of tiebreakers. The Dolphins have a good chance of finishing over .500 as well.

AFC North: Steelers (12-4) easily. The only team with a shot of unseating them is the Ravens and at best they will finish 9-7.

AFC South: Titans (13-3) with the four-game lead they have now it would take a monumental collapse for them not to win it.

AFC West: Chargers (9-7). They have five home games remaining and they should be able to run the table on those and pick up a victory on the road along the way (at KC). Their only competitor, the Broncos, will probably only finish 7-9. However, they do play in San Diego the last week of the season so that could conceivably be a play-in game for the postseason since the Broncos have the tiebreaker due to Ed Hercules blowing that call when they played in week two.

Wild Cards: Jets (10-6) and Bills (10-6). I want to go against the Jets more than you can imagine for obvious reasons but they have a very winnable game at home against the Rams this weekend and their last five are all winnable. Sorry Colts fans but I think they will fall just short at 9-7 along with the Dolphins and Ravens.

If you couldn't tell, I didn't just randomly throw out numbers, I actually glanced at the remaining schedules, unlike the talking heads at ESPN. I'll still be wrong though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey what about the Dolphins?? Have you looked at their Schedule... They dont play anyone GO MIAMI

HUS said...

Hey, that last comment was much smarter than the insane talk of the Gophers in the rose bowl